What is Sage?
Although Sage is a huge international technology company, it was originally established to develop accounting and bookkeeping software for small companies, and it has remained a leader in that market. Now, with 35 years of experience, its products are still amongst the best small and medium business accounting software options.
Sage Accounting Start and Sage Accounting are two cloud-based accounting software packages developed specifically for small businesses. They are designed to save you, the entrepreneur, several hours of admin time each week. This is time that you would previously have spent on bookkeeping, recording, and reporting your business’s financial transactions. Sage Accounting helps you to manage your business finances, offering you the following functions:
The Sage bookkeeping software enables you to easily record all of your business financial transactions, by helping you photograph and upload your invoices and receipts, whilst also being able to automatically read, sort, and enter them into your books. The package securely connects to your bank, downloading your statements and automatically collecting and categorizing your banking transactions. This includes matching incoming payments to outstanding invoices. Sage connects with both big and small US banks.
Get paid faster with their invoicing tools by creating, sending, and tracking invoices automatically with customized logo and branding. Invoices can have a built-in “pay now” button allowing your customers to make payments easily via Stripe. The Sage Accounting packages track accounts receivable, allowing you to chase late payments quickly.
You will have access to your own dashboard displaying real-time data and key information in intuitive and easily understood formats. There are dozens of standard and customizable charts and reports for you to choose from. Manage your taxes using tools that help calculate, validate and submit your tax return, as well as GST and HST returns.
What popular features do you get with Sage?
- Ordering Automation
- Sales Tracking
- Customer Account Profiles
- Customer Loyalty Program
- Data Visualization
- Returns Management
- Retail point of sale
- Real-time Inventory management
- Flexible payment options
- Ecommerce integrations
- Multiple store capability
- Expert 24/7 support
- Staff management
- Online ordering & delivery
- Real-time analytics & reports
Customer Support is available at Sage
Sage offers various customer service and support options:
- Country-specific websites.
- Step-by-step in-product guidance.
- 24/7 US-based online product support.
- No phone voice-call support.
- Free learning resources and certifications.
- Talks and articles available on the website.
- Online community product help.
What kind of business is Sage ideal for?
Sage Accounting Start is an entry-level product suited to Micro-businesses, and the self-employed.
Sage Accounting is suited to Small businesses, startups, and the self-employed.
Sage Accounting Start and Sage Accounting are appropriate for almost any industry or sector, including retail, professional services, contractors, construction, legal and financial services.
Pros and Cons
- Easy to get started and use
- Unlimited transactions
- Remote access
- Easy collaboration, even away from the office
- Grant access rights to your employees
- Connects to numerous different third-party business apps
- Mobile app available
- No free accounting software product option
- The mobile app does not meet every user’s expectations
People like you also researched
Here are some products we think might be a good fit based on what people like you viewed.
How much does Sage cost?
*based on information provided by the vendor. Actual cost may vary.
Sage Accounting Start
- $10 per month. *
- No credit card required.
- $25 per month. *
- Credit card required.
Notes About These Costs:
- You buy the products online.
- A one-month free trial is available.
- Cancel or upgrade any time.
- Special offers and discounts are available on the Sage website. (For example, 70% off for the first three months, reverting to full price thereafter.)
- The software is purchased as a monthly subscription and includes future updates (as they become available).
If you are looking for the best small and medium business accounting software, then consider Sage Accounting Start or Sage Accounting. They are both affordable and easy, and include everything you will need in an accounting package for your growing business. Visit the Sage website for further information and the option of a no-obligation 30-day free trial. Get started in less than three minutes!