What is a VoIP provider?
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology allows you to make voice calls using your Internet connection instead of a regular phone landline. This service converts your voice into a digital signal which is then converted back to a phone signal when you call a normal landline or mobile number. VoIP allows you to make calls directly from a computer, a special VoIP phone, or a traditional phone connected to a special adapter.
Types of VoIP systems
The primary types of VoIP systems in the market are:
An in-house VoIP system has the phone extensions and a centralised master unit that connects all the phones in your office together to carry the phone traffic in and out of your office. Your business owns the hardware and is responsible for any upgrades or maintenance. These phone systems are preferred by bigger enterprise for customization and higher level of security features.
Hosted system is offered and managed by a third-party provider to a business or entity. This affordable and integrated solution replaces traditional landlines and linked analog equipment with a cloud-based phone system. The host or the VoIP provider already has a secure server set up off site to handle the process of converting voice to digital signals and vice versa. By subscribing to a hosted VoIP service, you are essentially outsourcing equipment and infrastructure whilst still accessing it’s associated benefits; all you need is internet. We highly recommend such services for small and medium businesses.
Hybrid Phone Systems are a blend of a Digital Phone System and an Internet-based (VOIP) Phone System. They suit businesses wishing to integrate analog, digital and VoIP in varying proportions while also using the existing copper-wire infrastructure. Hybrid systems can be reconfigured as needed at any time; without any need to rewire or install new sets of switching equipment. This best of both world set up helps you seamless transition to a VoIP system without breaking the bank.
How to find the right VoIP system for your business?
There are many amazing business VoIP systems in market offering different features and pricing, so we have compiled tips to help you chose the right one for your business:
- Know your budget but also anticipate future needs of your growing business. Look for a provider that not only is reasonable priced but also can scale at will and consider the price implications down the road.
- Understand your business needs and how a VoIP system can resolve it. VoIP systems offer many ways to make calls from traditional PBX to Mobile softphones so understanding your operational requirements will help chose the right fit.
- Compare plans and pricing offered by the shortlisted VoIP providers. There may be low priced offers in market but their reliability and security can be questionable. There is also a reason top providers charge more for their service but would that fit your budget? So it’s always good to compare and shop around.
- Even if a VoIP provider meets all your business communications needs, you need to determine how reliable and secure they service is? Look for services offering end-to-end encryption and advanced authentication options like multi-factor authentication and biometrics.
- VoIP service provider can also be a one-stop-shop for all of your communications needs with most having implemented unified communications service or UCaaS. This helps you integrate all your communication within one application.
Are you ready to update your business communications? Let us find the Right VoIP system for you today!